Lal Keshwar Shiv Temple Hajipur
About Lal Keshwar Shiv Temple
The Lal Keshwar Shiv Mandir is a Hindu Temple in the city of Hajipur, Bihar, India. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it is located at Bagmusha(Hajipur), Vaishali As per local folklore, it is said to have been in existence since ancient period and Lord Shiva is believed to be in the form of Lingam here. Apart from anthropomorphic images of Shiva, the worship of Shiva in the form of a lingam, or linga, is also important. The worship of the Shiva-Linga originated from the famous hymn in the Atharva-Veda Samhitâ sung in praise of the Yupa-Stambha, the sacrificial post.
Patna Airport - 13.2 miles (21.2 km). Patna airport is well connected through road. Buses, taxis, auto available 24*7.
Hajipur is connected to other parts of India through national and state highways. The major highways are:
- National Highway 19 (NH 19) touches the city and connects it to Chhapra which further joins Ghazipur city in U.P. NH 19 starts from Patna and is connected further with Gaya and BodhGaya through state highway.
- National Highway 77 (NH 77) connects Hajipur to Sonbarsa (Nepal border) via Muzaffarpur and Sitamarhi.
- National Highway 103 (NH 103) Starts from Hajipur and joins NH 28A at Musri Gharari (Samastipur) via Jandaha.
- State Highway 74 (SH-74) connects Hajipur to Lalganj,Vaishali.
- State highway 49 (SH-49) connects Hajipur to Mahuaa,Tajpur,Samastipur.
- State highway 93 (SH-93) connects Hajipur to Mahnar,Mohddinagar.